As with the previous series, we aim to create courses suitable for all abilities and all ages, everyone is welcome to turn up and have a go. It doesn’t matter what bike you have or what you wear – as long as it includes a suitable helmet! All we ask is that the faster and more experienced riders are courteous and respectful towards those just starting out in the sport – PushMTB is about fun and fitness, there are no ranking points on offer and no big prizes, but we do produce full results for each race.
The courses will not be technically difficult, any moderately tricky bits will have an easier alternative route, but they will be fast, flowing and fun. Unless it’s very wet and then there may be a bit of slippery mud involved!
Racing starts at 11am for the Sprogs, girls and boys aged 12 and under, there is no minimum age and parents are welcome to ride or run with very young or anxious riders. The course will be around 1km in length and the race will be 30 minutes in duration.
Juniors (age 17 and 18) and seniors (age 19 and over) race at 12:30pm for 60 minutes. A longer course of around 2km will be used for this race.
Youth riders (age 13 – 16) race at 12:45pm for 45 minutes on the longer course alongside the juniors and seniors.
What you can expect from the series
- Facilities at each venue will vary – details will be on the individual race pages. But some things are consistent:
- Please bring your own drinking water with you.
- There will be no changing facilities and no showers.
- There will be no bike wash facilities.
- Full results will be posted on this website asap after each round and overall series standings will also be produced.
- We will be happy to receive your feedback about the series – either on the day or via e mail.